Skip to main content

DON'T FIND IT LATE. 

 A short story..



 Did anyone tell you that finding a daughter or son of Adam for that "better and for worst" is easy when you finally made up your mind to stick one place?

 Well! I thought so too when I was the CHIEF play boy.

 I have always thought that the day you made your mind to settle down, that you won't be short of options at your disposal as the master of the game.  

Truth is that finding a wo/man to settle down with is more difficult than when you were flirting the streets, scavenging for what to satisfy the lust for the forbidden fruit. 

 Once you are ready, the fear of not falling into the wrong hands will make you look at every wo/man in 3D.

 Let me drag you on a bit.Here is my story... 


 I was 21 when i got my first job. 

As at that age, plans of settling down never crossed my mind let alone to think of having such a conversation with the many girls that came my way then.

 I had graduated early from school and in my days in the university I had girls who had to go through hell, take some sh*ts just to make me happy even without a penny. 

 The care, love and affection I got then was genuine and my mind was that It was going to be that easy when i will eventually made up my mind to stick.

 Seven years in well paid job, and other material things any man would have asked for, I woke up to the reality that I wasn't getting any younger and as such i needed to settle down. 

 More worst was travelling home to meet my parents. They were becoming more concerned about my life and the fact that they wouldn't want to pass on without beholding my first child. 

 Often time, travelling home was less spirited as fear of " Dan, when are you giving us our grandchild?" would make me have a second thought of any possibility of going home to meet my parents. Their frustration and pressure was unbearable.

 In my days in university, I could still recalled having the best girl as my girlfriend then. Julia was the nicest girl I knew. She was the back bone of my academic success and even more than that.

 She was what any man would have wanted for a wife. Julia came into the picture during my year as a 300 level student in the department of Mass Communication.

We both shared the same department but she was in her level 200. We met at a café where I went to print out an assignment on MAC 301 that morning.

 From that moment we became friends and later two love birds. Memorises of Julia demanding more seriousness due to my lackadaisical attitude towards our relationship were fresh in my mind. 

 She was this type that could take and tolerate my poor attitude towards her and most times I felt guilty of having to take her for granted despite her sacrifices and love. 

 Six months after our graduation, I got a marriage invite from Julia, she was getting married.Taken by a more serious person. 

 The invite never really moved me then because I first felt I wasn't ready, and above all when I would eventually be ready, I was going to have a lot of girls to choose from. 

After seven years of flirting, I decided to settle but I can tell you it is more difficult than finding a black goat in the darkest hours of the evening.

Girls I have been meeting lately all seems to be in for one thing, reaping where they did not sow. 

I wish I can turn back the hands of time and have those good old days of having the liberty of having girls loved me for nothing. 

 They say that 'you can't eat your cake and have it back.' I have learnt that the best time to find a suitable person for marriage is when you have nothing. 

 When you have a girl/guy who loves you for who you are not for what you've become or what you have. 

 Most wo/man ignore this in their relationships, played their best opportunities in the name of flirting and they eventually have to search for that one person that will love them genuinely like forever. 

 NOTE:

 Stick to that wo/man who loves you for nothing.

 Find it now than finding it when it is too late.


 www.writuer.blogspot.com 

 ~ Patrick Ekong ©️

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

DON'T LEAVE WHEN IT IS TOO LATE.

The story . Udauk was too weak to continue with the evening chores around the house because of her pregnancy. She bent over the kitchen cabinet in search of a tuber of yam she was to prepare before her husband returned from work. At the point of stretching her hands to reach the tuber of yam under the cabin, she felt a sharp pain down her abdomen. Her left lap was swollen from the beating she got the previous night from the monster's husband. She was still short of three months from her due month. That's when she was to put to birth. The shape pain was accompanied by a loud scream. She dropped the knife she had with her and tried to settle on a table-size stool lying close to the gas cylinder in the kitchen, but she couldn't. She fell and started screaming, reached out to her phone, and dialed her husband. Mr. Sam had branched  Madam G's Native Kitchen to settle for a while before heading home as his habit demands. He was busy at his usual joint with a bottle of chill
Social Media: Are we swallowed by it? It is alarming yet no longer news the rate of social media usage since the turn of the millennium. Social Media has become a tool in nearly every 9/ 10 persons we meet everyday of our lives. In fact it is estimated that youth particularly engaged in social Media taking 8/9 hours a day out of the 24hrs. Without doubt, social media has come to enhance and add more meaning to our daily life. Since the advent of social media in the early part of the millennium, the rate people get involve in these wonderful platforms keep increasing on a daily basis. To some youth and some fraction of older people, social media is like oxygen. They can't stay a moment without. A lady once said that she can't stay without visiting her Facebook page in a day. With the number of people flooding the Social media on per second basis, one will wonder if these technology has any bad effect at all. Millions of people use social media as it is the trend now,

JOURNEY OF NO RETURN.

  The story. The atmosphere was heavy, that of apprehension and uncertainty as Iquo stared at the open space leading into the compound. It was around 10:33pm that evening.  A time in Ikot Ekim community when every household had put off their lamps and retired to bed. The nocturnal sound of night creatures made the night even more looming and intense.  Nsek has never stayed out so late no matter how fierce any argument with his wife was. In their 24 years of marriage, no matter the nature of the fights Iquo has had with her husband he will always come back home to rest in his hut.  As time ticked away, she stared at the open compound, struggling to fend off the call of nature with the hope her husband would appear at the far end of the compound.  Using her hand to support her chin, she wondered how things could change so fast. Her husband Nsek was no longer the man she married. He picked fights at every little argument and would end the night with curses, accusing Iquo of turning his on